Sublime Forum

How to disable content highlighting

Hey, I noticed Sublime text highlights chunks of my code, like anything enclosed in a tag, or everything PHP… Is there a way to disable this? I rummaged through the default file and global settings, but haven’t found anything…

Its pretty annoying as it makes these blocks stick out overly much on my theme of choice…

0 Likes

Use Notepad or Wordpad?

Do you specifically want to stop a certain scope from being highlighted?

0 Likes

Not sure why you would want to remove syntax highlighting, but you can do it from the menu: View / Syntax / Plain Text. Since Build 2101 this is also available by clicking on the current syntax, which is displayed on the right hand corner of the status bar. If the wrong syntax highlighting is being used for files with a specific extension, then you can change this using the “Open all with current extension as…” option from the syntax menu.

0 Likes

I’m not trying to disable syntax highlighting… Look at the attachment…

I want that highlight being applied on the tag to be removed, not code hinting all by itself…

As for jbrooksuk’s rather wasteful comment about using Notepad/Wordpad - I would’ve simply switched rather than take the efforts to make an account and post for ‘help’ on this forum if I wanted to. Obviously I like Sublime Text 2, and would like to continue using it. Just that this highlighting issue is quite bothersome when you’re working on full PHP files (It’ll highlight EVERYTHING) and HTML files with a lot of minor scripts (makes the actual html code difficult to read).

0 Likes

Change to a different color scheme that doesn’t highlight the script tags, or edit the relevant .tmTheme file to remove the background highlight (search for styles that specify a background element)

0 Likes

@Sublimator - Aye cap’n, no harms be coming from this here boat… :smile:

Thanks for the info, will have a good look at the theme file, and let you know when where and what changes were made to improve the situation here… Perhaps others will reference this for their own nuances… :-p

0 Likes

Hey,

Ok, found it… In the Twilight theme (no, that), on line 168, is the little snippet of code I was looking for… Deleting that fixed the problem!

Thanks to @sublimator for making the option clear, and apologies to @jbrooksuk for premature misfire… :-p

The corrected code block visuals look like so:

And the lines that need deleting are:

1 Like

Learn to take a joke, cowboy.

See, not so wasteful :smile:

0 Likes

Set the default highlight COLOR to the color of the regular print…

0 Likes