Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Very slow and so nearly unusable on MacOS 10.6

Re: Very slow and so nearly unusable on MacOS 10.6

Postby andi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 pm

So what is your solution? Opening a folder with just a few files does not help either. And I need the sidebar view all the time when coding.
(Of course, as a programmer with a healthy paranoia, I had the idea of a conspiracy against users that haven't registered Sublime, but wouldn't this be evil? :twisted: )
andi

Postby jps on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 am

FWIW, I have no idea what may be causing the slowdowns for you
jps
Site Admin

Postby andi on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:03 am

deansergio wrote:However, Elegant Textual content is not holding permanently. So I have moved to Gedit again. It's unusual that I need to quit using the best manager on a Mac just because it is holding without purpose.

I have done the same, the only problem is that you can't use Alt+* combinations in Gedit and need to manually setup alternative Ctrl+* combinations. All the other aspects work surprisingly well for software that is used to be run on Gnome.
andi

Postby natebeaty on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 pm

andi wrote:
deansergio wrote:However, Elegant Textual content is not holding permanently. So I have moved to Gedit again. It's unusual that I need to quit using the best manager on a Mac just because it is holding without purpose.

I have done the same, the only problem is that you can't use Alt+* combinations in Gedit and need to manually setup alternative Ctrl+* combinations. All the other aspects work surprisingly well for software that is used to be run on Gnome.

You're replying to a spambot. I do like "Elegant Textual" as a thesaurus alteration of Sublime Text. High school diploma.
natebeaty

Postby dekart on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 am

I see the same slowdown issue when opening my project folder. It hangs up for 30-60 seconds with 100-120% CPU (on MacBook Air) and then goes back to normal.

Probably it caused by some indexing that is done when the folder is opened. I have few thousands of Ruby, ERB, and JS files in the folder so maybe it causes slowdown.

What do you think?
dekart

Postby dekart on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:29 am

Found it. I had a folder with 45000 image files in it and it slowed down the whole thing. I added it to the global ignore list and now it works fine.

Btw, take into account that most of Rails projects has public/system folder with A LOT of images in it. Since your editor becomes very popular in Rails community I would like to recommend you to deal with this situation by default.
dekart

Previous

Return to Technical Support