Sublime Forum

Fonts & compiling java

Hi there,

I was using Sublime 1.4 and I had it all configured properly and then I bought Sublime and thought I would try and upgrade to the newest version, only I am having some problems getting it to work in the new version…

It looks like the way that things were parsed have changed, so I no longer can use the pieces of code I have snagged from on the interwebs.

1. I want to be able to compile and run my java programs, and before I used to be able to hit f7 and then f6 and it would do it all for me… I had this code added to the User Key Bindings file:
<binding key="f6" command="exec '' 'java $BaseName'"/>

How should I have it set up to do this with the new parsing system?

And less importantly 2) What is the new syntax for setting your font? I tried the old way and Sublime just freaked out at me.

Thanks for the help in advanced,

Kelan

0 Likes

For changing the font, take a look at sublimetext.com/docs/2/font.html

To run your Java programs, you’ll need to setup a build system. Take a look at Packages/Java/JavaC.sublime-build for something close to what you need. Also take a look at sublimetext.info: sublimetext.info/docs/en/core/build_systems.html

0 Likes

Thanks for the help with the fonts, that was exactly what I was looking for.

EDIT: I got the other thing working too, so thanks!!

Now, if only I could use an input panel… then I would never have to use anything else… :smile:

0 Likes