Sublime Forum

Sublimetext 2 slows down editing a large file

I’m working with a large js file with a lot of text in it. It has now become almost impossible to work with it inside sublime text 2 as it takes a long time to even show my cursor blinking. I tested the same file in notepad++ and it worked smoothly there. I unfortunately cannot share or attach this file here but it is basically a large file that contains the cufon library along with a cufon generated font and one large json object. When I click or type, I have to wait about 3 seconds to see the change. I tried disabling the minimap but it didn’t help. Hopefully this will get addressed.

0 Likes

Have noticed this happening today as well. It seems to happen on large js files that contain large blocks of javadoc comments ie /** */ I can scroll through the file fine, but sublime text freeze as soon I try to place the cursor anywhere in the file.

Using Sublime Text 2, build 2119, on Linux Mint 11

0 Likes

[quote=“hooligan5”]Have noticed this happening today as well. It seems to happen on large js files that contain large blocks of javadoc comments ie /** */ I can scroll through the file fine, but sublime text freeze as soon I try to place the cursor anywhere in the file.

Using Sublime Text 2, build 2119, on Linux Mint 11[/quote]

Yeah same thing for me; scrolling is fine but editing is slow as hell. But my js file doesn’t have large blocks of comment. I’m also using the latest build (currently 2119). I’m on win7 (x64).

0 Likes

Do either of you have any plugins installed?

0 Likes

Oh yea a plugin is causing this for me. Once I disable “Sublime Tagmatcher”, everything worked smoothly on that file. But this plugin is one of the main reasons I switched to sublime text 2 (from np++). Any chance we get it as a native feature in Sublimetext? It’s just such a useful thing I can’t live without :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes