Sublime Forum

6th folder doesn't unfold in dev 2120?

Hi,
I’ve noticed that the sidebar folder menu doesn’t unfold ahead of the 6th folder… is there any limitation or some setting limiting this or is a bug?
Thanks in advance,
V.

0 Likes

Nightly Build 2192

Can you be more specific about what’s happening? Here I’m able to expand and collapse all folders, even when there are more than 6

0 Likes

Hi!

I always work with the latest dev builds (the most stable dev builds I’ve ever seen, by the way :smile: ) and have the same problem.

I run Sublime 2 under Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) and work with files on a samba share.

Files and folders only work down to the 5th level. Starting from the 6th level files and folders only appear when I click on Project > refresh folders. The following scan reveals the 6th level of all already opened 5th level folders. To see the 7th level, I have to use refresh folders again and so on…

Is this a wanted behavior to prevent performance issues? Would it then be possible to rescan >= 5th level folders automatically when opened?

0 Likes

I still have this problem, is it just me :confused:

0 Likes

I did a test with 11 folders deep and had no issues. Only tested on XP so far, have not tested OS X or Windows 7 x64

0 Likes

I am also seeing this issue, on Win 7 x64 (build 2181). I can only see 6 levels deep in my folder tree - anything beyond that refuses to appear, even after refreshing the folders multiple times. Otherwise a great little editor.

0 Likes

I’m getting this issue with Windows 7 32bit and 64bit while working with files on a samba share (I always work with files on that share, so I can’t say for sure if that’s connected to the problem or not). The difficulty: Up to now I did not understand why it happens nor can I build up a working test case. I created a folder hierarchy up to 20 folders deep on the samba share but it did not happen once. Then again, while working on projects it happens all the time, in different folders but always on the 6th level. Folder refresh helps, but takes some time and always only reveals just the next folder level.

0 Likes

This just happened to me as well, and wasn’t an issue before. I thought it might have to do with using a dev build so I tested with build 2181 and its portable version; no luck. My project is also mounted over a network share between Windows and Linux. Because the project is no longer available, I’m not able to take advantage of the Go To Anything panel either. :frowning:

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot, any ideas?

Edit: Gave it (my computer) a restart, things seem to be working again. :smiley: Who knows…

0 Likes

Although I still don’t know the reason why this is happening, an easy solution would be if Sublime would refresh a directory if opened (or reopened) or just rescan if the opened directory is empty. At least this would solve the main issue, then again if you depend on go to anything, this won’t help.

0 Likes