Sublime Forum

Crashes on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

When ST2 shows the open file dialog, and then I close it, the windows borders of the system are lost (the window decorator crashed); but everything’s OK if no dialog is shown (luckly there are many in ST2). Even worse, when opening the about box, the entire X server crashs and subsequently, all graphical programs also end. I’m using Ubuntu 10.04.3 and ST2 rev 2111. If I must attach some other system information, just ask what to look for.

Now ST2 sometimes crashes when saving a file. And with “crash”, I meant the X Server also crashes. Maybe all this started after some packages upgrades (I’m still using Ubuntu 10.04). I noticed that when I’m running not running the composite window manager Compiz, and instead, a non composite one (like plain Metacity) then the dialogs behave normally.

0 Likes

If your X server is crashing, that sounds like it’s almost certainly an issue with your X server

0 Likes

I have tested ST2 on another PC, with the same package versions, and it’s not crashing there. The problem with the crash when saving is when ST2 reminds me about the unregistered version, and that creates a dialog. How to diagnose X server problems? It just happens with ST2, and sometimes, it outputs a ‘Segmentation fault’ message, but apparently it doesn’t have a “debug” switch to give more verbose error output.

Any idea on how to trace the error and provide useful info for fixing this?

0 Likes

There’s nothing I can do to fix this, the evidence points towards your X server being broken

0 Likes

I’ve created a new account in my own PC and ST2 worked fined. So, I went crazy and purge all my Compiz config… And it worked. True I can’t now diagnose which Compiz setting/plugin was the offending one, but it’s working now. :smile:

0 Likes