Sublime Forum

Automatic refresh of project/config files failing

On OS X using the latest ST2 beta build (2131), my project and config changes are not reflected until i relaunch the app. This does not happen on windows using the same configuration. I’m not sure if it relies on spotlight for file monitoring, but I have not disabled spotlight and can confirm it works correctly elsewhere.

This used to work correctly, so it is either a recent change in the beta releases or something I have done to cause this. Any ideas?

0 Likes

SideBar not refreshing

this is happening to me as well . . .

0 Likes

No project management features work due to this (new folder / deleting etc.), which is causing me quite a bit of pain. Any ideas?

0 Likes

I have the same problem. I have the User folder symlinked to Dropbox. If I undo that and put it back in the Packages folder, I get the automatic refresh. Symlink it again, no more automatic refresh.

0 Likes

In case the symlink is the source of your problems, I figured out a workaround. You have to put your symlink in Dropbox, rather than the other way around.

But if you do this, it’s pretty quirky. You have to:

1. Make your …/Packages/User folder an actual folder, rather than a symlink.
  2. Shut down all Dropbox instances. So, if you have two fixed machines in two different locations, you’ll have to do this over some span of time.
  3. In each instance of Dropbox, create a symlink out to that machine’s User folder. Obviously, each symlink should have the same name, but the actual location of the User folder could be different.
  4. Start up Dropbox again.

Now, Dropbox will properly sync the files behind the symlinks.

Note that deleting the symlink on one instance may cause Dropbox to wipe out all the files on the other instances. So be careful.

Personally, I’d prefer that Sublime would just follow the symlinks properly so I could do it the other way around.

0 Likes

I do use dropbox + symlink, but I tried removing all my user settings and running a vanilla install of Sublime and it still doesn’t work. On top of that, it isn’t just configuration files for me, but any new folder, file change etc.

Getting very frustrating to the point I’ve been using sublime inside a windows VM so I can actually be productive.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem without any symlink.

I had the problem about two weeks ago, tried disabling all plugins, but only a fresh user folder did the job. Now, after two weeks, the same behaviour again.

If I create/change snippets -> restart ST
If I change settings files -> restart ST

That’s getting very annoying.

Don’t wan’t to reinstall ST every other week.

Any ideas?

Specs: ST2 Build 2220 on OSX Mountain Lion

0 Likes