Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Translate the interface

Translate the interface

Postby FxBe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 am

It would be nice to be able to translate the all interface in our own language when we install it.
I'm ready to help to translate the interface in french if you tell me where to find the translation files and how to make it.
Thanks in advance
FxBe

Re: Translate the interface

Postby FxBe on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am

No one seems interested in replying. To bad, let's stay like it is between english speaking people.
FxBe

Postby jbrooksuk on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:11 am

The files are all in the Packages/Default/ directory.

You're looking to change the *.sublime-* files.
jbrooksuk

Postby iamntz on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:14 am

It's a damn text editor, what do you really need to translate? :D
As a programmer i guess you need to know English at some level. Even as a french programmer...

However, most menu items can be translated by editing the Default/*-sublime files. There are files for main menu, context menu and so on.
iamntz

Postby FxBe on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks for the clue, i will look at the directory but i think a choice at install should be great.

I know it's a text editor and i'm not talking about me, i speak english, but all users are not, if you take a software like notepad++, the interface is in your native language, it doesn't change a lot but all the menus are translated and i'm sure it helps the non-developpers folks to use this software and not an another one that isn't.
But it's just my point of view.

Bye
FxBe

Postby rigolissimo on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:40 am

Yes, I would also love the interface in my langage (French). This is standard for all text editors.

I did not like at all the sarcastic comments below. I can also come up with saracastic comments for those that love English while living in a backward country, but I will abstain. They are free to keep using the US edition.
rigolissimo

Postby Vanishing on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 am

I think this could be hard as sublime text is "just a one man project".. There's so much languages a man can speak...
Vanishing

Return to Technical Support