Sublime Forum

Subl and new windows and spaces

There are two interactions I frequently go through that are driving me a little bit crazy right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1. subl filename opens files in an existing window.
    commentary: It would be awesome (awesome!) if a file that existed in a project would open in that project’s window, and if a file that is not in a project would open in its own window. Seriously, this would be so awesome.

2. subl filename opens files in an existing window, and pulls you to that window’s space.
    commentary: I really hate being pulled to a different space, especially if subl is opening my non-project-related file in a project’s window. I’m decently certain, thinking about this, that I always want the file to be opened in a window in this space, even if it means opening a new window for a project-related file. Decently certain.

Thanks!

0 Likes

I really really want #1. Since I don’t use spaces, #2 doesn’t affect me as much (though that doesn’t mean it’s not a valid request).

But I’m trying to open a set of files that exist in an open project, and they’re opening in whatever the last project window to have focus, which drives me crazy because the related files are in the other existing project.

Not sure if this is something on Jon’s sites for an upcoming version, but it would help a ton :smile:

0 Likes