Sublime Forum

Sidebar focus issues

(on mac) When I focus the project sidebar (ctrl+0) and hit cmd+N, the focus remains in the sidebar instead of the new file. This prevents using keyboard shortcuts for saving the file.

Semi-related feature request: it would be useful to be able to select a directory in the sidebar by clicking it (at the moment this only folds/unfolds its contents without selecting the directory itself); this would allow me to click a directory, hit cmd+N, cmd+S and save the new file in the selected directory; if I have an empty directory, there is no existing file I can select in the sidebar in order to have its directory as the default location for saving a new file, and I have to resort to using the context menu on the directory (which feels clumsier), or select the target directory later in the save dialog (which unfortunately is not very keyboard-friendly in OSX).

Also, having the focus in the sidebar is almost completely invisible — the caret disappears from the editor, the current line and the parent indentation guides lose their highlight, but that’s all (at least on OSX). Even a different highlight shade of the selected entries in the sidebar when focused would make a huge difference.

0 Likes

yes , i agree with you . i need the short cut to do switch focus between sidebar and editable area . but on mac osx , i can find this short cut , i just a bit tired with the mouse .

0 Likes