Sublime Forum

Corona SDK Build System

Hello there I am currently using sublime as our lua editor for coronasdk; I already have setup the corona build system successfully but for some reason I am missing part of the command line output data from the corona command line… all the command output related to the running lua files is not displayed… yet the launching procedure for the corona frontend is displayed…

Has anybody seen a problem similar to this?

Thank you

0 Likes

Would you share your build script for corona? That would be super helpful.

0 Likes

{
“cmd”: “C:/Program Files/Ansca/Corona SDK/Corona Simulator.exe”, “main.lua”]
}

0 Likes

I’m having same problem as jeckil.

I used this for setting up the buildsystem: http://bsharpe.com/misc/coronasdk-and-sublimetext2-build-system#comments

{ "cmd": "/Applications/CoronaSDK/simulator","$file_path"], "selector": "source.lua" }

I noticed when I move the corona simulator and quit, I get some of the traces its weird.

Really want this to work, need my prints :smile:

0 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible to get Corona simulator output in ST console window yet (for now).
Sorry…
The only thing that bothers me about ST console is how to disable opening of it…
I don’t want it to be opened when simulator starts…is there a switch?

0 Likes

You can get Corona output in ST console by adding

io.output():setvbuf("no")

into your main.lua file.

0 Likes

In addition you can enable autorelaunch simulator on file changes in setting. Then for relaunch app you only need to his ⌘+S.

0 Likes

Yea that’s not working for me. ;(

Okay I see why this should work, just it’s not (on windows).

developer.anscamobile.com/refere … ilesetvbuf

Output:

Build file:

{ "cmd": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Ansca/Corona SDK/Corona Simulator.exe", "main.lua"] }

0 Likes

on OSX the Corona SDK outputs to Sublime, but not on Windows.

I don’t know if it’s OSX/Windows, Sublime/Corona … but I’d guess it’s either Windows or Corona…

0 Likes

[quote=“socrato”]I’m having same problem as jeckil.

I used this for setting up the buildsystem: http://bsharpe.com/misc/coronasdk-and-sublimetext2-build-system#comments

{ "cmd": "/Applications/CoronaSDK/simulator","$file_path"], "selector": "source.lua" }
[/quote]

This works, in so far that the path where the sources reside should not have any spaces.
Anyone know a fix for this? I’m hitting my head over and over again, probably missing something very trivial.

0 Likes

Ok, but there’s still a problem for me : Build launch a new instance of corona simultor each time !

How could I avoid that ?

Thx

(btw, do you know show to show the mini map in the distract free view / or show the code centered in the full screen view (which leads to the same config))

0 Likes

Really no one here ?

0 Likes

I have had some luck trying a build command this way:

{
“cmd”: “osascript”,"-e",“tell application
“/Applications/CoronaSDK/simulator” to activate”,“end tell”]
}

applescript can be run that way and it seems to prevent it from opening the simulator multiple times, but so far I havent been able to get it to also load the main.lua file and come to the front. If anyone is familiar with applescript, can you please give it a shot and see if you can nail it down? I believe you can run as many cmd lines as you want.

0 Likes

Thx for the tip.
Still I guess that doesn’t work on windows os … :frowning:

0 Likes