Sublime Forum

Segmentation Fault

I updated my ST2 2 days ago, but when I ran the update I can’t open ST2 at all. When I try open it through terminal I get this message:
/usr/bin/sublime-text-2: line 2: 3823 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text $*

I installed ST2 from the ppa at ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-2.
I am running Ubuntu 11.10, 64 bit.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

I seem to be having the same problem. I, similarly, run Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit and have installed ST2 from the same ppa as OP.

When I try to run from a terminal I get the following error message:
/usr/bin/sublime-text-2: line 2: 4947 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text $*

0 Likes

I just installed the latest update from the ppa and it is working now.

I had been going through ST2 withdrawal :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Hello guys I get the same! :frowning:
using the same webupd8 ppa!

Any help?

0 Likes

Same happens running the app I downloaded

./sublime_text
Segmentation fault

0 Likes

does anybody have an older version on their hd?
an older version might work for us

0 Likes

Neither the current regular build nor the current dev build have this problem - it sounds like you’re using an old dev build. I don’t know the details with the PPA you’re using, but if you use the version from sublimetext.com/2 it’ll run for you.

0 Likes

Hi,
I have this Segmentation Fault using “Sublime Text 2 Build 2217” on Ubuntu
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS (lucid) 64 bits

Both of PPA (webupd8team) and Download page (c758482.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/Subl … 64.tar.bz2) copies produce the same result.
But it is fine when I changed to the 32bits version (c758482.r82.cf2.rackcdn.com/Subl … .1.tar.bz2) of sublime text 2

I started the sublime-text from the command line, after the program pops up, every key stroke (shift, alt, …) produce ‘Segmentation fault’ and the sublime dies:

Below is the error message:

[quote]$ sublime-text
/usr/bin/sublime-text: line 3: 7590 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text --class=sublime-text-2 “$@”

$ sublime-text
/usr/bin/sublime-text: line 3: 7931 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text --class=sublime-text-2 “$@”

$ sublime-text
/usr/bin/sublime-text: line 3: 7947 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text --class=sublime-text-2 “$@”

$ sublime-text
/usr/bin/sublime-text: line 3: 8596 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text --class=sublime-text-2 “$@”

$ sublime-text
/usr/bin/sublime-text: line 3: 8656 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text --class=sublime-text-2 “$@”
[/quote]

0 Likes