Sublime Forum

Ctrl+Shift+Up (swap line up) has stopped working

Yesterday I noticed that the keybinding Ctrl+Shift+Up (swap lines up) has stopped working for me.

Here’s what I’ve tried to do to fix the problem:

• Reboot
  • Uninstall and reinstall Sublime Text 2
  • Check that the keybinding still exists in the keybinding preferences
  • Check that the Up arrow key still works (it does)

I am using ST2 build 2139 on Vista. My only addon package is Zen Coding.

Previously this keybinding worked for me, and still works on my computer at home (same OS, and version of ST2, also with Zen Coding package).

All I can guess is that another application has stolen the keybinding, but I’ve tried closing all other applications and rebooting and the problem persists.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might get the keybinding working again?

0 Likes

ST2 swap_line_up/down stoped working :(

Just an update to my problem with this keybinding.

I have confirmed that in other applications that use the same keybinding, Ctrl_Shirt+Up also fails.

I therefore conclude that either:

• Windows is for some reason failing to pass along the keyboard event to applications
  • Another application has hijacked the keybinding
  • My keyboard is messed up, and while the individual keys work, in combination they fail

Will keep looking…

0 Likes

I’ve given up, and have just made a new keybinding:

{ “keys”: “ctrl+alt+shift+up”], “command”: “swap_line_up” }

shrug

0 Likes

IIRC some users have had issues with the nvidia drivers eating these keys. I could be wrong though.

It can be helpful to enter sublime.log_commands(True) in the console, to verify that the key strokes a getting through to Sublime Text: you’ll see an entry in the console each time a key binding is triggered.

0 Likes

@jps Thanks for the suggestion!

I actually downloaded a piece of keyboard testing software this morning, and it also confirmed that when Ctrl+Shift are held down, the ‘up’ key never registers. In any other situation that key works fine.

I’ll see if i can dig up any info about nvidia messing with the key binding (I do have an nvidia gfx card)…

0 Likes