Sublime Forum

Some minor problems

Hello all,

So recently I have gotten back using sublime and I have come across some things that have been bugging me. I am not sure whether they are user error (90% sure this is true) or if they are problems with my setup.

1. The sidebar and auto-complete popup are always white with blue highlight for the selection in all themes.
  2. I have random green outline boxes appearing around some lines of text. The two lines have no relation to each other. EDIT never mind, I figured out that is one was showing me text errors.

Relevant info:
Ubuntu 11.04
Sublime 2 Build 2139
Python 2.7

Packages installed via Package Control:
Terminal
sublimelint
SublimeCodeIntel

Current theme:
SpaceCadet
Tested with all others that come with this version of sublime

Thanks in advance,
Chris

0 Likes

Along with the problem stated before I am now starting to experience random times when Sublime will not update. To be able to fix it I have to minimize and maximize the window. Note that it does not lock up my ability to type, it just does not render the stuff that I typed until after I minimize/maximize. So I guess at this point my gfx driver is relevant.

nvidia 220 gt with driver 285.05.09

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes

The green outline is most likely caused by sublimelint. If you click in the green area you should see something in the status area telling you why it is highlighted. Users have reported performance issues with SublimeCodeIntel before, so if you are having lockups, I would try disabling that. sublimelint may also cause issues since it is running background processes to check the syntax of the file you are working on. The easiest way to figure this out is to try disabling them one at a time.

In terms of the colors, there are two aspects to the interface in Sublime, color schemes and themes. Color schemes control the color of text in the editor pane. It sounds like you are using Space Cadet right now. Themes control the look of the editor interface. You are currently using Default. If you want a different look, you should look at the Soda theme. You can grab it from Package Control. After installing, open Preferences > Global Settings – User and add one of the following:

“theme”: “Soda Light.sublime-theme”
“theme”: “Soda Dark.sublime-theme”

0 Likes

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have been a bit busy, but thank you so much for your help. ^^

Chris

0 Likes