Sublime Forum

Files skipped; missing in Goto Anything, Side Bar; Windows

Many files and folders for various projects are not showing up in the Goto Anything panel or Side Bar on Windows. The console is showing several instances of directory “has been seen before, skipping”, which match up to the parent folders of the missing items. The example below has 10 entries, but other, larger projects have over 30 entries.

Another support topic seems to indicate the issue:

“On windows (or on a posix system when accessing an inode-less file system), the hash of the contents of the directory (file names, sizes, and write times) is used is the fingerprint.” - jps

Will there be any upcoming revisions to the fingerprint for Windows systems? Or could there be an option to flag a project as not having any hardlinks or symlinks so a more straightforward directory scan could be done? Any improvement would be greatly appreciated as Sublime is the best multi-platform editor we’ve found.

Thanks!

Details

Windows 7, 64 bit

Steps:
To a new Sublime project, add folder with source from following Github project:
github.com/alexo/wro4j

Console shows:
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-examples/wro4j-example-grails/grails-app/views has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-grails-plugin/plugins/hibernate-1.3.7/scripts has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-examples/wro4j-demo/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-examples/wro4j-standalone/src/main/webapp/libraries/csslint has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-runner/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/runner/dsl/asset has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-core/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/model/factory/expander/order has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-extensions/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/extensions/processor/jsHint/test has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-extensions/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/extensions/processor/yui/expectedNomunge has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-runner/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/runner/oocss/plugins/breadcrumb has been seen before, skipping
scan: /C/src/alexo-wro4j-47e4262/wro4j-extensions/src/test/resources/ro/isdc/wro/extensions/processor/coffeeScript/exceptions/test has been seen before, skipping

0 Likes

Yeah, I get that too - it happens to me when I open up especially big folders with lots of subfolders (say, an svn directory). If I do a find in file and open up the file from there, Sublime seems to recognize the directory of where some of those skipped files are.

0 Likes

+1 Experiencing the same thing. Not much to add.

0 Likes

The issue seems to be resolved with Build 2195 released on 16 April 2012.

0 Likes