Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Possible Memory Leak in 2139

Possible Memory Leak in 2139

Postby jrdmcgr on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I left my computer on while I went to lunch and when I came back it was running really slow. The activity monitor shows Sublime sucking up 4.36 GB of memory!
I suspect it may be the SFTP plugin that I just installed and not an issue with Sublime Text itself. Anybody else have this problem?
I'm on Mac OS 10.6.8
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-12-20 at 1.34.47 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-12-20 at 1.34.47 PM.png (36.03 KiB) Viewed 784 times
jrdmcgr

Re: Possible Memory Leak in 2139

Postby jps on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 pm

What plugins do you have installed?
jps
Site Admin

Postby wbond on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 am

Was anything being printed to the SFTP output panel? I once saw some memory usage like this when a bug caused the plugin to print the activity dots, and they never stopped.

Did you get a chance to check the console (ctrl+`) to see if any errors were listed there?
wbond

Postby jrdmcgr on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 pm

My plugins include Package Control and SFTP. I didn't get a chance to look at the console, since I had to kill the process. I do remember trying to resume editing a file that morning that was left open from the previous day: When I went to save it, with upload_on_save configured, it failed to connect, so I manually initiated the upload from the contextual menu. That is when I saw the unending dots that you describe. After a few lines of dots I just closed the window and didn't really think about it. I guess it continued to run in the background the whole morning.

Is there a log perhaps?
jrdmcgr

Postby wbond on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:09 pm

jrdmcgr wrote:My plugins include Package Control and SFTP. I didn't get a chance to look at the console, since I had to kill the process. I do remember trying to resume editing a file that morning that was left open from the previous day: When I went to save it, with upload_on_save configured, it failed to connect, so I manually initiated the upload from the contextual menu. That is when I saw the unending dots that you describe. After a few lines of dots I just closed the window and didn't really think about it. I guess it continued to run in the background the whole morning.

Is there a log perhaps?

It may be easier to continue this via email. You can follow up with me at support@wbond.net.

In terms of the debug log, you can go to http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/support for instructions on how to turn it on, but most likely if the dots continued an exception was raised that was not caught. This will be printed in the console (ctrl+`). If you can replicate what happened, I'd like to get the bug fixed. These idle timeouts have been quite a bear to handle since it seems every unique combination of FTP or SFTP server brand, plus router and OS creates different types of errors. I've squashed quite a number of them, but it seems there are still some more. :)
wbond

Postby jrdmcgr on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm

I'll be sure to send you that information if I run into this again. Thanks!
jrdmcgr

Return to Technical Support