Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Multi line edit bug

Multi line edit bug

Postby kino on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

When I try to edit on multiple line with the "ctrl+command+L", the caret of each line are at different position.

Here, I tried to have the caret after the 26 to do some edition. But I get only the last one at the correct place and the two first one at the end of the line.

I would like to have it behave like in textmate. The position at the beginning of the selection and the end position define the carets position. If they are not aligned it makes a multiline selection with the carets located at the end position of the selection.
kino

Re: Multi line edit bug

Postby C0D312 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 pm

That's by design. You can try shift+control+up (or down) to keep the cursors in a column. Or you can press option+command+left click to position the cursor wherever you want. Additionally, you're selecting the same text, you can press command+D multiple times.
C0D312

Re: Multi line edit bug

Postby wprater on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 am

C0D312 wrote:That's by design. You can try shift+control+up (or down) to keep the cursors in a column. Or you can press option+command+left click to position the cursor wherever you want. Additionally, you're selecting the same text, you can press command+D multiple times.

Thanks for this information! I had to disable some shortcuts in OS X for this to work. Using shift+control+up is just like highlighting some text in Textmate and tapping the options key to place you in column edit mode.

However, I cannot seem to get 'Shlit Into Lines' to work very well for me in ST2
wprater

Return to Technical Support