Sublime Forum

2 OS X Bugs

Bug 1:

When clicking in the left hand navigator (project gutter, whatever you want to call it), it opens the file in the currently active tab, but does not update the name of the tab to reflect the name of the file that you just clicked on (and are now viewing).

Bug 2:

When moving a file in, it is not updated in Sublime Text, and if you save the file, it re-saves it at the old location.

0 Likes

Tab being reused
Tab bar gone
Request to allow disabling of "Preview Tab/View"

[quote=“jgailor”]Bug 1:

When clicking in the left hand navigator (project gutter, whatever you want to call it), it opens the file in the currently active tab, but does not update the name of the tab to reflect the name of the file that you just clicked on (and are now viewing).
.[/quote]

This is not a bug, it’s actually a feature, believe it or not. It’s called “Preview.” When you click on another file, it is not “opening” the file, it is just showing you the contents. Your open file in the active buffer is not closed when clicking on another file. It takes some getting used to and I think it should give some more indication that it’s a preview, but it is what it is.

0 Likes

[quote=“jgailor”]Bug 1:

[/quote]

The feature has already been explained, so I won’t rehash that. But I wanted to add that when I first started using ST2, I thought it was a bug, too. I noticed that sometimes a tab showed up, sometimes it didn’t. But once I got used to it, I really like it. One thing that always bugged me about TextMate was clicking around looking for the right file always opened a whole lotta tabs that I then needed to close. Now, with ST2, I can click around all I want and don’t have to worry about cluttering up my tab bar. The only problem now is when I click on a file to reference it, click on some other file and then realize I still need to reference the first file again…I have to navigate to it again or Go To it. But, I still prefer the preview over automatically opening a tab.

0 Likes

PLEASE have an option for the preview action to show up in a separate tab. It is very confusing at times to have a preview sitting on top of a tab with a different file name! Preview is great functionality, but needs to be a bit more obvious…

0 Likes

When I’m in a preview there is no highlighted tab, which I think is a good indication. I’m using the Soda theme; maybe the difference is more noticeable than in the default.

0 Likes

There needs to be a way of clearing the preview contents. If I have a preview open, the only way I can remove the contents from the editor is by previewing a different page. I can never get back to a blank screen without closing the editor.
I don’t always want to leave code open in full view of everyone.
There should at least be a config setting to disable preview for those who don’t want to use it.

0 Likes

There is. Just deselect the selected file in the sidebar by command-clicking it (ctrl-click on Windows)

0 Likes