Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[Linux] Hiding the menu

[Linux] Hiding the menu

Postby drizz on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Hello, I searched around the forums looking for a solution to hide the menu bar in Linux, and came across a 6 month old thread.

I just wanted to bring it to the attention that I (and others) can't hide the menu bar.
If there was anything I'd deem as missing in Sublime Text 2, it'd be this. I'd love to see this implemented.

Thanks in advance ;)
drizz

Re: [Linux] Hiding the menu

Postby ShawnMcCool on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I imagine that this may be some window manager shortcoming.. I'm coming from Windows and having a hidden menu was a pretty big deal to the aesthetics of the editor. Now, on Linux it looks unfortunate.

Any suggestions?
ShawnMcCool

Postby Andrex on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Just want to chime in here and say I too would love it if there was a way to hide the menu bar on Linux. (Even better if it supported the app menu in Gnome 3 and the global menu in Unity/Ubuntu.)
Andrex

Postby quodlibet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Sublime works with Ubuntu's global menu (on Ubuntu 11.10). It's a little glitchy, but then I find Unity to be glitchy in general. The menu is almost entirely hidden on both fullscreen and distraction-free mode. Proper support would be better, but I've found this to be a passable substitute in the meantime. (I often write in full-screen and I find the menu very annoying.)
quodlibet

Postby Andrex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Ah it does? Still, would be a nice option to have on non-Unity systems (basically anything not Ubuntu.)
Andrex

Postby noirbizarre on Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 am

noirbizarre

Return to Technical Support