Sublime Forum

Ubuntu - Using mouse to change highlighting

When running Sublime Text 2 under Ubuntu (I think it might be an outdated version of Ubuntu as I haven’t used the netbook in a while but it is running Unity) using the mouse to click the syntax highlighting menu doesn’t work for anything that has sub-menus.

So it will work if I select something like C or ActionScript which have no sub-menus, but If I select something like JavaScript or LaTeX then it will click, but it just doesn’t change the syntax and the highlighting specified (written in the bottom corner) remains whatever it was previously.

Strangely this doesn’t occur on my Mac OS X installation, and I am still able to change the syntax highlighting correctly if I click the menu and then navigate it using the keyboard.

Just seemed like a strange bug. But it’s not exactly show-stopping.

0 Likes

Assuming that you’re referring to the syntax menu on the status bar at the bottom right of the frame, then yes, you’re right. I had no idea it didn’t work for anything in sub menus, but as a new ST2 user, all I’ve been doing is Java and Python with it, both syntax in sub menus as you said. When I click on ‘Java’ or ‘Python’ options, nothing happens. I’m forced to either save the file to it’s respective extension, or go to View/Syntax/…

I’m KDE 4.8 Ubuntu 11.10 and I’ve tried build 2165, 2178 and 2180.

At any rate, I’m a happy new user!

0 Likes

So… I right-clicked on the Python selection in the Python menu and it worked. Left-click still doesn’t as of Beta 2181.

0 Likes