Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

License accepted, still REPEATEDLY asks me for license

License accepted, still REPEATEDLY asks me for license

Postby orourkek on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm

With the license purchased, my expectation is that the annoying boxes saying something like "thanks for trying us, now buy it" would go away. This is not the case. Needless to say I am very frustrated by the box that pops up about every 3 or 4 times I save something, after I paid sixty dollars for the product. I have tried re-entering the key, re-installing, and my software does not say "UNREGISTERED" at the top; None of it has permanently cleared the message, only temporarily quelled it.

Please advise on next steps or point me to the refund department, because I cannot work with the constant interruptions...
orourkek

Re: License accepted, still REPEATEDLY asks me for license

Postby weslly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 pm

weslly

Postby orourkek on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for the link, somehow that didn't come up in my forum searches. I thought I had tried disabling that plugin and eliminated it as a suspect, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll email the plugin author about maybe making the message a little more informative...
orourkek

Postby Chris Partridge on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 am

I come here to post another issue, however saw this - I had the same issue a few days ago. Certainly needs to be more clear that the message is for the SFTP plugin and not ST.
Chris Partridge

Postby wbond on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 pm

The SFTP license reminder only pops up for every 10 operations you perform on an unlicensed copy. If you are getting the popup, it is because you are using the plugin! :)

The current popup verbiage is:

Code: Select all
Thanks for trying out Sublime SFTP. It is free to try, but a license must be purchased for continued use. Visit http://sublime.wbond.net for a license.

If you do have suggestions about something that would be more clear, I would be happy to listen.
wbond

Return to Technical Support