Sublime Forum

Anyone have experience with Team Foundation Server plugins?

I did find this particular one on the Package Control site:

bitbucket.org/CDuke/sublime-tfs

But unless I’m missing something, there’s literally no documentation on it…

Anyone have any experience with TFS integration with ST2? Maybe you could recommend Textmate bundle if so?

Many thanks for any tips.

0 Likes

Yeah, I second that, just installed the plugin, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to select a server, do you have to initialise things from the command line first?

I’m useless at command line so I hope not :frowning:

0 Likes

So recently I decided to jump in and see if I could help to resolve this issue for you guys. What I found out was, the TFS plugin seems to work as a piggy backing function. By that, I mean, if you have a folder that you have already connected to the Team Foundation Server via Visual Studio. If this is your first time connecting to source control in Visual Studio, essentially you need to connect to a server and then map the Source Control to a local directory. Once you have a mapped directory on your local machine, access this folder in Sublime Text 2 and the TFS plugin will connect to the settings already defined, allowing you to perform functions such as Check In, Check Out, etc.

While it is not as straightforward as a connection file would be (similar to SFTP maybe?), it does seem to get the functionality working.

0 Likes