Sublime Forum

Windows command line parameters for Sublime Text 2

Hi there,

our team is just evaluating Sublime Text 2 (my opinion so far: “Wooohoooo!!”) and now we’d like to use it as $EDITOR for git. The documentation refers to a parameter “-w” on MacOS but the same parameter doesn’t seem to work on Windows.
Are there any plans to implement this? Maybe someone more experienced with the application knows if or even how this could be implemented as a plugin?

All the best
Marcus

0 Likes

I don’t know about the priority, but the -w should make it for Windows too, or at least that was the idea a while back. You could wrap git in a plugin so that you would collect user input from a buffer or input panel (I’m currently trying to do just that for SublimeHg and I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble; there should be a -w parameter on all platforms).

0 Likes

Is it just me or did something change with the new update? I think it somehow works much better as git editor now…? :smile:

0 Likes

I’ll add my vote that subl would be useful on Windows, though sublime_text.exe does appear to wait now, which is good.

It seems to me there’s 3 things you want for good behavior as an $EDITOR:

• wait (sublime_text.exe build 2181 does this)
  • always open a new instance (sublime_text.exe build 2181 does this, too)
  • disregard session: never open previously open files, don’t remember this session’s files (2181 doesn’t do this, which is sometimes a pain)

Combining these 3 things into a --one-time flag (or whatever name makes sense) might be handy.

0 Likes