Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Open recent folders not working

Open recent folders not working

Postby phillip.koebbe on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Not sure when this started, but I just noticed it in 2178 or 2179 (though it is mentioned relative to 2162 in this thread [1]). I cleared out my recent items and now no folders are being logged there. So I open ST2, open a folder, close it, and recent folders is empty. Close ST2 and reopen, recent folders still empty. OS X 10.7.3 and ST2 2180.

[1] http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4502&start=10&hilit=open+recent+folders
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Re: Open recent folders not working

Postby gabesmed on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:14 am

Hi all -- recent convert to Sublime (from Textmate), OS X user (10.7.2, ST2 2180), Python+javascript coder, and first time poster here.

Recent folders being listed in File > Open Recent > ... was a key feature for me. As I work with multiple projects each day, losing that history of recent folders means I need to browse in the Finder for each one .. every time. Takes a 5-15 seconds, and it's a significant cognitive distraction.

In general I'm such a huge fan of Sublime's development direction -- each update makes it a better tool for me -- so I was surprised to see this lone regression, at least in terms of time-saving value for me.

Was there any particular reason for it being removed? Are there plans to restore it?
gabesmed

Postby phillip.koebbe on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

While I'd still like to see open recent files/folders work properly (not every folder is a project), an acceptable trade-off is using projects. Once you get a folder open, use the Project -> Save Project As menu item to save the project. This has the advantage of remembering open files and layout. Then when returning to work on a specific project, use Project -> Recent Projects to return to the desired project.
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Postby gabesmed on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 am

Ah; hadn't known about project functionality. This is at least a sufficient substitute. Thanks!!
gabesmed

Return to Technical Support