Sublime Forum

Open recent folders not working

Not sure when this started, but I just noticed it in 2178 or 2179 (though it is mentioned relative to 2162 in this thread [1]). I cleared out my recent items and now no folders are being logged there. So I open ST2, open a folder, close it, and recent folders is empty. Close ST2 and reopen, recent folders still empty. OS X 10.7.3 and ST2 2180.

[1] https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/file-change-detection/21/1&hilit=open+recent+folders

0 Likes

Hi all – recent convert to Sublime (from Textmate), OS X user (10.7.2, ST2 2180), Python+javascript coder, and first time poster here.

Recent folders being listed in File > Open Recent > … was a key feature for me. As I work with multiple projects each day, losing that history of recent folders means I need to browse in the Finder for each one … every time. Takes a 5-15 seconds, and it’s a significant cognitive distraction.

In general I’m such a huge fan of Sublime’s development direction – each update makes it a better tool for me – so I was surprised to see this lone regression, at least in terms of time-saving value for me.

Was there any particular reason for it being removed? Are there plans to restore it?

0 Likes

While I’d still like to see open recent files/folders work properly (not every folder is a project), an acceptable trade-off is using projects. Once you get a folder open, use the Project -> Save Project As menu item to save the project. This has the advantage of remembering open files and layout. Then when returning to work on a specific project, use Project -> Recent Projects to return to the desired project.

0 Likes

Ah; hadn’t known about project functionality. This is at least a sufficient substitute. Thanks!!

0 Likes