Sublime Forum

Word_wrap: false - don't work anymore on Build2181

Hi, I always set on my preferences.sublime settings file:

“word_wrap”: “false”,

But after upgrade to the Build2181 it wont work anymore, every file I open has word wrap active…
Any help ?

0 Likes

The same thing is happening to me. Really annoying.

0 Likes

Did You check your settings default and user ? Maybe something override your setting.

0 Likes

well i have this problem too, it is very anoying :c

i have my settings the same with “word_wrap” : false

0 Likes

Which file are you putting the setting in?

0 Likes

I thought this was broken too, but I erroneously had quotes around the word false in my Preferences file. See if yours is the same.

0 Likes

I set word_wrap to false with and without quotes and set every preference file I have, but code still wraps every time you run sublime.

Extremely annoying.

hope you can fix in next build. Otherwise I like the program so far.

0 Likes

Are you running a clean install? It’s working for me, though only in the main views – it doesn’t work in the console. I believe it used to.

0 Likes

Hi I’d like to confirm I have this problem as well. Installed fresh on Windows 7. I set “word_wrap” to false in Preferences.sublime-settings, but all of my files always open with word wrap enabled by default. It’s tripping me up a lot on my source code files (.asp and .php files, if that matters).

I like all the new features in this release so I’m not about to go downgrading anytime soon, I’d rather put up with the word wrapping for now.

Cheers,
Chlorine

0 Likes

Hah! Just found a “fix” if you want to disable word-wrapping all together.

Below the “word_wrap” setting you can find “wrap_width”. Set that value to 9999 (or even higher, seems there’s no limit)

// Set to a value other than 0 to force wrapping at that column rather than the
// window width
"wrap_width": 9999,
0 Likes

Just to be clear, the word_wrap setting works perfectly. A common mistake is to set it to “false” rather than false.

0 Likes

jps is correct. That was my problem as well. It wasn’t intuitive because the default was “auto” with quotes, so I just assumed false/true would work the same.

0 Likes