Sublime Forum

ZenCoding: Cannot expand css abbreviations

I’ve just installed both Sublime 2 and ZenCoding yesterday, so I’m assuming both are as up-to-date as they can be (mostly). I can type abbreviations and hit “tab” in HTML and PHP files and they expand beautifully. But in CSS or LESS files, pressing TAB after “ff” or any other abbreviations does nothing at all. Besides adding a tab, of course.

Am I missing something??

Thanks for any help with this!

0 Likes

Aw man, nobody else is having this issue? Or is it that nobody has a solution? :frowning:

0 Likes

Okay, I realize now why this might not be very popular.

The problem is that all of my CSS is in .less files. Not .css files. Everything works normally inside regular .css files, but I don’t know why this one package is confused when everything else knows that “source.css” matches “source.css.less” in terms of scope. Anyone know how I’d fix this??

0 Likes

Set the syntax of the LESS file to CSS and it works :smile:

0 Likes

In my case it’s SCSS and I did try to set its syntax to CSS like you said, but seems like it doesn’t work the way it should be.
Before I upgraded to the final version of ST2, when I type “db” , there’s an menu or sth like that appear and it has “display:block” , but now when using “db” and [TAB], it appears “direction” . Feel weird …
The same goes with “fll” or “flr”, where they should be “float:left” or “float:right” , now it has “filter” ???

Working like this makes my css flow slower a lot, I hope someone can figure out a way to solve this problem

0 Likes