Sublime Forum

Is it supposed to work this way? (Completions)

Inside the body tag, I type: <a followed by a space. Now I want to see the list of possible attributes, so I type Ctrl+space
All I get is:

form
body
head
title
html

which clearly aren’t the right attributes for an anchor.

Now, I could type <a followed by tab, and it gives me the template, but that doesn’t work for everything. For instance,
when inside for a , if I type <input followed by tab, I get nothing. It just closes the tag so I get:

If I type <input type="
it just gives me a list of tags I have in the document.

Is it supposed work this way? Does Sublime Text have knowledge of HTML and can guide the user to the list of available options?

It seems like this worked in some videos I’m watching on tutsplus.com/

0 Likes

You could have a look at the **SublimeCodeIntel **plug-in. It’s ported from the Komodo editor, so it might provide a list of attributes in HTML - but I can’t confirm this as I don’t have it installed currently.

0 Likes

[size=120]NNNNOOOOO![/size] don’t suggest SublimeCodeIntel. It’s heavy, buggy, slow, and hasn’t been updated in months. While I appreciate all the work Kronuz has put into it, and all the long hours, it’s not really applicable for html/css. The ZenCoding plugin provides a list of attributes for both HTML and CSS, plus it does so much more.

0 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll go with the Zen Coding plug-in and see if it does the job for me

0 Likes

I appreciate the correction - people seem to have raved about this plugin before, but no longer. Andy.

0 Likes