Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Is it supposed to work this way? (Completions)

Is it supposed to work this way? (Completions)

Postby kasajian on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 am

Inside the body tag, I type: <a followed by a space. Now I want to see the list of possible attributes, so I type Ctrl+space
All I get is:
    form
    body
    head
    title
    html
which clearly aren't the right attributes for an anchor.

Now, I could type <a followed by tab, and it gives me the template, but that doesn't work for everything. For instance,
when inside for a <form>, if I type <input followed by tab, I get nothing. It just closes the tag so I get: <input>

If I type <input type="
it just gives me a list of tags I have in the document.

Is it supposed work this way? Does Sublime Text have knowledge of HTML and can guide the user to the list of available options?

It seems like this worked in some videos I'm watching on http://tutsplus.com/
kasajian

Re: Is it supposed to work this way? (Completions)

Postby agibsonsw on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

You could have a look at the SublimeCodeIntel plug-in. It's ported from the Komodo editor, so it might provide a list of attributes in HTML - but I can't confirm this as I don't have it installed currently.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby C0D312 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 pm

NNNNOOOOO! don't suggest SublimeCodeIntel. It's heavy, buggy, slow, and hasn't been updated in months. While I appreciate all the work Kronuz has put into it, and all the long hours, it's not really applicable for html/css. The ZenCoding plugin provides a list of attributes for both HTML and CSS, plus it does so much more.
C0D312

Postby kasajian on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks guys. I'll go with the Zen Coding plug-in and see if it does the job for me
kasajian

Postby agibsonsw on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 pm

C0D312 wrote:NNNNOOOOO! don't suggest SublimeCodeIntel. It's heavy, buggy, slow, and hasn't been updated in months. While I appreciate all the work Kronuz has put into it, and all the long hours, it's not really applicable for html/css. The ZenCoding plugin provides a list of attributes for both HTML and CSS, plus it does so much more.

I appreciate the correction - people seem to have raved about this plugin before, but no longer. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Return to Technical Support