Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

How do I get sublime to work as a Java IDE?

How do I get sublime to work as a Java IDE?

Postby mcurry on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I really like the look and the feel of sublime, but the language I'd love to program in using sublime is Java. The only issue is that I can't seem to find a way to compile and run Java using sublime, especially using external libraries.

Are there any easy to follow guides for doing this?

Thanks in advance.
mcurry

Re: How do I get sublime to work as a Java IDE?

Postby agibsonsw on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Creating a build file/system is intended for this purpose. The documentation is not very expansive, and it helps to examine existing 'sublime-build' files. There seems to be two called Ant. and JavaC.sublime-build in the Packages\Java folder.

Essentially, you create a file with extension 'sublime-build' and store it in your Packages\User folder. It is possible to store it in \Java (or anywhere within \Packages) but \User is preferred. Then a new Tools/ Build System menu option will be available for you.

But I would assume that someone, somewhere ;) , has already gone through this process and may advise/assist you for Java.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Return to Technical Support