Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Build System can't find any env variables

Build System can't find any env variables

Postby mattbaker on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm

The build system doesn't seem to find any of my environment variables, this happens regardless of whether "shell" is set to true. What's the deal? I'm using ZSH, should that really matter? Why doesn't shell:true simply run in my environment, bypassing the need to set my path? The Build System feature seems far from useful.
{
"shell":true,
"cmd": ["echo", "$PATH"]
}
>Returns nothing
{
"cmd": ["echo", "$0"]
}
>Returns nothing
{
"cmd": ["whoami"]
}

Update: None of the build systems work, all fail to find the relevant binaries. What gives?
mattbaker

Re: Build System can't find any env variables

Postby driftcrow on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 pm

The thing is same to me .
when i input code
Code: Select all
import os;os.environ
in console box,
the response showed
Code: Select all
{'SHELL': '/bin/zsh', 'SSH_AUTH_SOCK': '/tmp/launch-vRjJF5/Listeners', 'SECURITYSESSIONID': '186a5', '__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING': '0x1F5:0:0', 'Apple_Ubiquity_Message': '/tmp/launch-iFkB5M/Apple_Ubiquity_Message', 'Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render': '/tmp/launch-ZmLrmM/Render', 'LOGNAME': 'liubin', 'USER': 'liubin', 'HOME': '/Users/liubin', 'PATH': '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin', 'DISPLAY': '/tmp/launch-jXuHex/org.x:0', 'TMPDIR': '/var/folders/k4/f19kz4rn7r59d0x1l1ns16n40000gn/T/', 'COMMAND_MODE': 'unix2003'}

but I found the path env varialbe not correspond with my defined in .zshrc file.why?
how to change the env anywhere? thk.
driftcrow

Return to Technical Support