Sublime Forum

Build System can't find any env variables

The build system doesn’t seem to find any of my environment variables, this happens regardless of whether “shell” is set to true. What’s the deal? I’m using ZSH, should that really matter? Why doesn’t shell:true simply run in my environment, bypassing the need to set my path? The Build System feature seems far from useful.
{
“shell”:true,
“cmd”: “echo”, “$PATH”]
}

Returns nothing
{
“cmd”: “echo”, “$0”]
}
Returns nothing
{
“cmd”: “whoami”]
}

Update: None of the build systems work, all fail to find the relevant binaries. What gives?

0 Likes

The thing is same to me .
when i input code import os;os.environ in console box,
the response showed{'SHELL': '/bin/zsh', 'SSH_AUTH_SOCK': '/tmp/launch-vRjJF5/Listeners', 'SECURITYSESSIONID': '186a5', '__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING': '0x1F5:0:0', 'Apple_Ubiquity_Message': '/tmp/launch-iFkB5M/Apple_Ubiquity_Message', 'Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render': '/tmp/launch-ZmLrmM/Render', 'LOGNAME': 'liubin', 'USER': 'liubin', 'HOME': '/Users/liubin', 'PATH': '/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin', 'DISPLAY': '/tmp/launch-jXuHex/org.x:0', 'TMPDIR': '/var/folders/k4/f19kz4rn7r59d0x1l1ns16n40000gn/T/', 'COMMAND_MODE': 'unix2003'}
but I found the path env varialbe not correspond with my defined in .zshrc file.why?
how to change the env anywhere? thk.

0 Likes