Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Printing from sublime

Re: Printing from sublime

Postby agibsonsw on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

@bbarrill
No worries; thanks for your time.

I don't like to give up, but there's nothing else I can do at the moment without input from others.

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby agibsonsw on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

I've made another attempt by adding

Code: Select all
#!/usr/bin/env python # and..
/usr/bin/lp

if anyone is will to give it a go in osx :)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby agibsonsw on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Please can someone with OSX test my QuickPrint feature briefly and let me know if it succeeds. Andy.
agibsonsw

Postby mbarrish on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Another vote for print support.

Yikes.
mbarrish

Postby mpeters on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm

I tried Sublime for a month, decided I liked it, paid for it... then needed to print something.

Surprise! This application does not print.

This sours the deal but doesn't kill it. Sublime Text 2 is still an excellent addition to my library, but... wow. That's a pretty basic feature. I expect I am among the masses taking that for granted.

Please consider making this a priority.

Thanks.
mpeters

Postby svenax on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 am

I don't know if native support for printing will ever be added to Sublime Text. Maybe in version 3 ... But for the rare occasions I need it, this plugin works well enough: SublimePrint. I first created it as a quick hack last april. It was then substantially extended by Kai Ellinger a few months ago, and again cleaned up by me just now. It has been submitted to package control, but you can get it directly from https://github.com/svenax/SublimePrint until gets is added. Give it a shot.
svenax

Postby nozonozon on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 am

+1 for simple printing! Would be great even just to produce PDF pages of code. Right now there is no way from within Sublime to do this relatively basic task.
nozonozon

Postby mickael28 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 pm

+1, I was just recommended Sublime and the first feature I was going to use, printing in color after importing a piece of code is not implemented, so holding a little bit before migrating here for now.

Can you please update the thread when this gets implemented so I have another look?

Cheers.
mickael28

Postby matt.hulse on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 am

I just dropped $70 on what I had chosen as THE text editor in my tool set based on rave reviews and an impressive trial run. Obviously the trial didn't last long enough. Seriously, how hard is it to print text to a printer? I don't even need it to be syntax highlighted or anything. Oh, I get it...this is one of those jokes you play on the new guy. Ha, good one guys. You really had me going there. Now can I have the real version of the tool I just paid for?
matt.hulse

Postby wdburgdorf on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm

You must be joking. Is there anyone who writes text and never needs to print it? Do I really have to switch to another editor just to print the few lines that I need to print?
Is there any other editor that doesn't print? Or is this some sort of religious thing, like single buttoned mouses?

Ahem, well, sorry about the rant. Just my +1.
wdburgdorf

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support