Sublime Forum

Cut/Copy/Paste linux64 bit - serious problems

Hey,

I experienced a huge bug in copy/paste on linux 64 bit. (I saw some similar windows7 problems there, but windows != linux, and I found out something more/different than there - but it’s for sure releated)
I can’t sometimes copy / paste anything to ST2 windows (doesn’t matter new, existing, etc).
Sometimes it works OK but for example I have to wait some seconds to get the confirmation in satus bar “Cut XX characters”.
It doesn’t works neither with keybord shortcuts and with the menu (also I tried to boud it something different, but still no result) shift + ins also doesn’t work then.

What’s worse, when It happens it sometimes causes a HUGE problem, because I found out that after that the cursor mark ( | ) and the current line mark are in different places, seems not a big problem ? Until you will try to edit/delete something in the buffer. Then for me happens one from those things:

• ST2 crashes completely
  • The data in the buffer is ‘destroyed’ and I have to close it and reopen.

I tested the ‘fresh’ sublime install without any plugins and the same happens there.

What’s strange, on 32bit linux it seems working cool. I checked also different window managers / desktop managers on linux (gnome3/kde4.8/xfce/lxde) and the problem is on all of them.

Ps. Great work with ST2 :wink:

0 Likes

Copy text (CMD+C) not working consistently

Above the fresh 2190 full startup log from Console.

startup, version: 2190 linux x64 channel: dev executable: /home/pigmej/Apps/Sublime Text 2/sublime_text working dir: /home/pigmej packages path: /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages settings path: /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Settings source packages: 48 installed packages: 0, running PackageSetup error parsing session: No data at: 0:0 error parsing session: No data at: 0:0 Py_GetProgramName(): sublime_text Py_GetExecPrefix(): . Py_GetProgramFullPath(): Py_GetPath(): :./lib/python26.zip:./lib/python2.6/:./lib/python2.6/plat-linux2:./lib/python2.6/lib-tk:./lib/python2.6/lib-old:./lib/python2.6/lib-dynload Py_GetPythonHome(): . PackageSetup returned: -1 catalogue loaded found 4 files for base name Default.sublime-keymap found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-mousemap found 1 files for base name Main.sublime-menu Generating syntax summary Generating meta info summary Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/comment.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/copy_path.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/delete_word.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/detect_indentation.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/duplicate_line.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/echo.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/exec.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/fold.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/font.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/goto_line.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/indentation.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/kill_ring.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/mark.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/new_templates.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/open_file_settings.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/paragraph.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/save_on_focus_lost.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/scroll.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/set_unsaved_view_name.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/side_bar.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/sort.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/swap_line.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/switch_file.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/transform.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/transpose.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/trim_trailing_white_space.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Diff/diff.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/HTML/encode_html_entities.py Reloading plugin /home/pigmej/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/HTML/html_completions.py plugin init time: 0.065931 loading bindings loading pointer bindings found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-theme theme loaded app ready pre session restore time: 0.640798 using gamma: 1 (err: 0) wrote startup cache, added files: 88 orphaned files: 0 total files: 88 cache hits: 0 startup time: 0.825759 (package setup was run) loaded 934 snippets

I also found out that it sometimes prints in linux console ( ./sublime_text )

(sublime_text:22701): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_main_loop_quit: assertion `loop != NULL' failed

Can I help in any other way ?

0 Likes

I think the problem may be because the affected system is for example Fedora17 (new libraries etc), tested same configuration but other distro and worked fine (at least during tests).

I also noticed that the biggest problems (ST2 crash, mixed the contents of buffer etc) are experienced when there are more than one ST2 running (the windows), or the file is oppened in two windows.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem … it appeared just before I was getting out my credit card to purchase a license. I am a Windows refugee and I have come to count on ST2 but I don’t have the chops to diagnose this problem further on my own.

0 Likes

Same problem too :frowning: I tried to run 32-bit version in 64-bit kernel, but the problem did not disappear. Together with expiration of builds, in which there was no problem (<2181), does ST2 not usable for me. I can’t work without copy/paste. The only thing left for me to do - is to run ST2 in Wine.

0 Likes

I’m using gentoo, versions of installed packages - pastebin.com/fmSCP1Fd

The first time I encountered this problem in 2181, but then I did not deal with it and just rolled back to the previous build.
Yesterday, the previous build is informed that it expired. I downloaded the 2181 problem appeared again. I tried in 2195 - it kept the problem.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start ST2
  2. Type 2 lines in new file and select first line
  3. Edit|Cut (or Crtl+X) - text is not cut, but copied to clipboard
  4. After that, the cursor stops moving when clicking on keyboard arrows. However, highlighting the current line is moving.Undo working incorrect.
  5. Сursor can be moved with the mouse, but even after the move does not respond to keystrokes.
  6. Usually closing - opening of tab helps, but sometimes ST2 crashes.
0 Likes

Does the same thing still happen after reverting to a clean state: sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html?

0 Likes

Yes, I did it, but it did not help.

0 Likes

I’ve made one more observation. If you wait 15-20 seconds, then everything becomes normal after the status bar appears “Cut X characters”

0 Likes

Any ideas / workarounds?

0 Likes

In general, I was able to pinpoint the cause of the problem. It appeared in xfce4-settings-helper. If you kill the process everything starts working as it should.
But why the problem occurred when updating the ST2 I do not understand.
Thank you all.

0 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Based on jean workaround I closed xfce4-clipman and the problem stopped.

0 Likes