Sublime Forum

Dev build 2190 Alt+F issue

Heya,

It seems that in the newest build, 2190, Alt+F has been replaced with instant file search, but there’s no way to confingure this option. I used Alt+F a lot to get to the file menu, and now I can’t! This needs to be configurable.

Thanks!

0 Likes

There is no key binding for alt+f out of the box, if it’s doing something other than opening the File menu on Windows, then it’s likely a key binding has been added for it, either in your user key bindings or via a plugin.

All key bindings are configurable in Sublime Text - take a look through the preferences menu.

0 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I thought that the Default key bindings list was comprehensive. I figured out the open folder command, and I found Alt+F bound in the sidebar enhancement plugin. FYI, I’m on Linux, so the problem isn’t Windows-specific.

For anyone that’s looking, the command is { "keys": "alt+shift+f"], "command": "prompt_open_folder" }

Strangely, this command is not available via the so-called “Command Palette”, and neither is “Open file”, even though things like “New file” are in there… sort of.

Is there anywhere I can find a comprehensive list of commands?

0 Likes