Sublime Forum

ST2 Becomes Partially Responsive Requiring Reboot

Hello, greetings everyone.

Love SublimeText 2, I switched to it as soon as I found it after using Notepad++ for quite some time.

Anyways, I’m using (what I believe to be the most recent version of ST2) build 2181, and this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened to me.

I wake up my computer from standby, (with ST2 already open), and the program is somewhat disabled.

For example, it doesn’t respond to any mouse input in the main editor area, however it does work in the minimap (moving the view area) and sidebar (changing between open documents). I cannot however highlight any text, deselect text, or move the position of the cursor. The mouse works fine in opening and navigating through the menus just fine, and the commands issued from them also seem to work fine.

The keyboard is also limited in what it can do. I can enter in text, but the backspace key, arrow keys, and other hotkeys don’t work (ctrl+z to undo or ctrl+w to close the window for example).

Closing and reopening the program has no effect. It seems like rebooting the computer is the only thing I know of that restores full functionality to the program again.

To make things more difficult to pin point, I also can’t seem to replicate the problem.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

Since you mentioned Notepad++ and described waking from standby and using the ctrl key I’m inferring you are on a Windows machine.
And my immediate guess would be there is third party memory resident program that is causing your issue.

I’m basing this on the fact that I have never experienced this problem and it’s the first time I have seen this reported.
I would recommend closing all the programs that you are able to, even systray programs - especially auto hot key and similar programs.
Then make sure you are running a cleanly installed version of Sublime without plugins.
You can enable logging as well by typing this into the Sublime console (ctrl+`) sublime.log_commands(True).

If you can’t replicate the problem you can start enabling your plugins and other programs one at a time. GL HTH

Edit: It might help jon if you post your OS and arch and whether the Sublime install was portable or not. That is if you still experience your issue of course.

0 Likes