Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

newbie - help w/console & things like ''run_powershell''

newbie - help w/console & things like ''run_powershell''

Postby virtuallywarped on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 am

Hey everyone - I am purchasing sublime text because it seems fantastic, but I have not been able to figure out how to do a few things.

1. I installed package control - then installed some packages, is the best way to install add-ons/packages to use package control?
2. I installed "powershell" and then "Powershell utils", but I can't figure out how to get them to run? I read the readme and the doc states to go to the python console and execute run_powershell, I tried opening the console, but not sure where I'm going wrong.
3. Is there something that I can highlight lines or strings of text with so I can save files with the highlighted colors?
4. Is there a package/add-on that gives you an "explorer" like view for Windows and something like that for Mac OSX?

Thanks!
Sully
virtuallywarped

Re: newbie - help w/console & things like ''run_powershell''

Postby virtuallywarped on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 pm

bump...Anyone?
virtuallywarped

Postby guillermooo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 pm

virtuallywarped wrote:2. I installed "powershell" and then "Powershell utils", but I can't figure out how to get them to run? I read the readme and the doc states to go to the python console and execute run_powershell, I tried opening the console, but not sure where I'm going wrong.

Open the console (Ctrl+` or View > Show Console), then type:

Code: Select all
view.run_command("run_powershell")

That should bring up an input panel across the bottom of the screen where you type in the Powershell code.
guillermooo

Postby guillermooo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm

If you want to use PowershellUtils often, then you should bind that command to a key/key sequence, like "F12". I don't usually include key bindings with plugins, because they're likely to interfere with user-defined ones.
guillermooo

Postby virtuallywarped on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks, is there a way to highlight strings of text with colors or change the font color?

Also, is the console thats built in by default the python console that is referred to in the documentation?
virtuallywarped

Return to Technical Support