Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Unable to set shortcut for spanish keyboard

Unable to set shortcut for spanish keyboard

Postby jlanza on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

I'm thinking on moving to sublimetext for my c/c++ programming. First think I have tested is to change the current shortcuts keymap as some of them are set for US keyboard and not compatible or difficult to type for the Spanish one.

I have tried to set the toogle comment shortcut to use the '>' symbol.

Then I have included the following lines in my Default Windows keymap - user:
Code: Select all
[
        { "keys": ["ctrl+>"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } },
        {"keys": ["ctrl+shift+>"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } }
]

Despite in the menus it is displayed that the shortcuts are the one set, when I press the ctrl and '>' key nothing happens. I have tried using the '.' and it works. What is happening? Why is it not working with '>'?

Any help is really welcome.

See you
jlanza

Re: Unable to set shortcut for spanish keyboard

Postby jps on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:26 am

If you enter sublime.log_input(True) in the Console, it'll log the names of the keys as they're pressed, so you can see what you need to bind to.
jps
Site Admin

Re: Unable to set shortcut for spanish keyboard (bug)

Postby jlanza on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks... I have done what you suggest and here is the ouput:

chr evt:  (0x1c) ---> ctrl + <
for ctrl + shift + < nothing is shown. With alt, etc... nothing is shown. It is quite strange.
What do I have to put in my key settings?

Actually all other combinations for shortcuts displays key evt in stead of chr evt. Why is it that?

TA

Edit:
While typing other commands I have realized that SublimeText2 consideres that my keyboard is in English for shorcuts although it displays the correct characters in the screen (I have spanish keyboard):

Type ç --> chr evt: ç (0xe7)
type ctrl + ç ---> key evt: control+/ (if I put my keyboard in english the ç key corresponds to the / -it is in shift+7 in spanish keyboard)
type ` --> chr evt: ` (0x60)
type ctrl + ` --> key evt: control+;

I think this is a bug... how can I set sublimetext to recognize my keyboard even for ctrl commands?
jlanza

Postby jps on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Ignore the 'chr evt' output, just look at the 'key evt' output, and bind your commands to the keys it reports.
jps
Site Admin

Postby jlanza on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 am

ok.. so I will do ;) However as said, some combinations are not available (like ctrl <)

Thanks for your help.
jlanza

Postby JoePerkins on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:50 pm

I have similar problems with my spanish keyboard. I'm pretty new to Sublime Text, but I began noticing some key combinations not working properly, suck as ctrl+/ for toggle comments (I need to press ctrl+ç instead). Any chance for this getting fixed soon? I imagine everyone with different keyboards is experiencing this issue, and it's confusing.

Thanks! :)
JoePerkins

Return to Technical Support