Sublime Forum

Selected text: orange and now stuck bright gray

I’m using the standard Monokai theme, when I select text (left click drag) it used to highlight the background a slightly different off black color. But then a couple of days ago it switched to orange:

and then about ten minutes later it changed to light gray:

This is pretty wierd, and I don’t know why its happened (could it be a plugin clash?), and I’m not sure how to change it back.

Anyone got any ideas? - I’m using Build 2190.

0 Likes

Figured it out.
I had installed and forgotten about ‘colorhighlighter’ plugin, which is supposed to highlight color codes with their color, it seems to do this by dynamically editing the theme. I suspect it thought a python comment was color code and then somehow broke? I’m not sure. Anyhow i’ve edited my theme file, so its find now.

0 Likes

Thanks, that helped when I had the same problem. More information about how I fixed it:

summary: to fix, open your color scheme file and save it

First, I uninstalled ColorHighlighter, with “Package Control: Remove Package” in the Command Palette. But even after quitting and relaunching Sublime Text, my selection color was still wrong. So I went to my Settings – User file (‘Preferences.sublime-settings’) and looked at the chosen “color_scheme”. I then opened that referenced file for editing. On my Mac, it was in the folder ‘~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Color Scheme - Default’. The lineHighlight and selection values control the highlight color – but they were already at the correct value, though my highlight color was still wrong. The highlight color reverted to normal when I saved the color scheme file – that must have prompted Sublime Text to refresh its color theme.

0 Likes

I found that the color values in the .tmTheme file had been changed to orange. As roryokane said, editing the file and saving (e.g., add a space character somewhere) would cause Sublime to reload the theme, but since the file had orange permanent stored in it, the reload didn’t make a difference. I had to redownload the theme and copy it over the existing file. Hopefully this will stick since I uninstalled ColorHighlighter.

0 Likes