Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Bold & italic not working with Droid Sans Mono

Re: Bold & italic not working with Droid Sans Mono

Postby quodlibet on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Unfortunately I can't verify your issue on XP, either:

The other thing I'd try (in the "turn it off and on again" vein of troubleshooting) would be to remove Meslo, download it again from https://github.com/andreberg/Meslo-Font and re-install it. The reason I mention this bit of paranoia is that I seem to recall there were various forks of Meslo floating around at some point and maybe you're using one them?

It may also make sense to start a fresh thread. As my issue was resolved a few posts up, there may not be enough eyes reading all the way through.

As for Windows' font rendering, yes, it stinks. As a habitual typophile and occasional web designer, it drives me up the wall. One thing that almost always improves even poorly rendered fonts is white space, I don't know how I used to live before sublime added the line_padding options.
quodlibet

Re: Bold & italic not working with Droid Sans Mono

Postby SeanWcom on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Actually, it does look like it's messed up in your screenshot. Notice the quote mark on "sad" doesn't appear to be two spaces from that guideline? Do some more indenting and see what it looks like. Here's an image to check out as well:

On the left, size 10. On the right, size 9 (and I added some padding after seeing your screenshots). :) You can really see how the guidelines slowly shift (or rather the text does) the more you indent. I think that is happening in your XP screenshot.

I was thinking that it must be a font issue at that size in Windows (rather than an ST2 display problem), but I downloaded Notepad++ to see if I could recreate the issue, and it displays fine there... (booo)

I'll create a new thread and see if others have ideas. Thanks for your help in testing! :)

UPDATE: I created that new thread, so we can move any other conversation about it over here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6957
Multiple selections... one of my favorite ST2 features. View some noob-friendly screen casts here.
SeanWcom

Previous

Return to Technical Support