Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

WinSCP "Integration"

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby gpfsmurf on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:43 pm

WinSCP scripting:
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\WinSCP3\winscp" /script
open "mySavedSessionName"
get /export/home/myuser/mytestfile.txt c:\localFolder\
keepuptodate c:\localFolder /export/home/myuser
<hit Ctrl-C when done>
exit


If you know the file path/name that you want to edit, this would be simple enough to integrate in a plugin, except maybe the Ctrl-C part
gpfsmurf
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby elrom on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:31 am

SteveCooperOrg wrote:Winscp is scriptable, meaning that a plugin is possible. Opening and saving to ftp could be integrated.

Sublimator..? :D
elrom
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:08 am

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby gpfsmurf on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:13 am

For those specifically interested in using WinSCP, I started to develop a plugin, please check this thread:
http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=740&start=0
gpfsmurf
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby loggin on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 pm

What would be good is to have a project window file explorer within sublime, this can then be configured to match a remote destination, so all files are local, but can easily be transferred to the remote server without the need to switch windows, navigate multiple file paths, etc

I've been using dreamweaver and the only reason I still do is because of this, editing remote files is not a realistic option as I need to commit files to svn, I have long been searching for a simple text editor that supports projects in this way so I can get away from dreamweaver as it's such a pig to use and it's code colouring support is very weak, I use a dark theme but every so often it decides some parts of files are unrecognisable so it defaults back to black text making it unreadable on a dark background, where as sublime is good and hasn't shown any of these characteristics
loggin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby EJ12N on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:49 pm

loggin wrote:What would be good is to have a project window file explorer within sublime, this can then be configured to match a remote destination, so all files are local, but can easily be transferred to the remote server without the need to switch windows, navigate multiple file paths, etc

I've been using dreamweaver and the only reason I still do is because of this, editing remote files is not a realistic option as I need to commit files to svn, I have long been searching for a simple text editor that supports projects in this way so I can get away from dreamweaver as it's such a pig to use and it's code colouring support is very weak, I use a dark theme but every so often it decides some parts of files are unrecognisable so it defaults back to black text making it unreadable on a dark background, where as sublime is good and hasn't shown any of these characteristics


have u tried software mentioned here? I did in the past when I didnt use total commander and they did their job good. But I like total commander because it can do exactly what you say, keep files locals and keep it sync on remote location. I really don't mind the switching to windows is just one shortcut away >.< besides I rather have a full blown very powerful file manager than sublime trying to do everything.

viewtopic.php?p=4355#p4355
EJ12N
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby loggin on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm

webdrive isn't practical when you have to dip in and out of as many projects as I have to, plus I've still got to use an svn client and this would just litter the site with inappropriate files.

I'm having a look at total commander but can't see a way to set it to automatically send files without any interaction, all I want to do is hit ctrl+s and then look at the results in a browser, in any other interaction is just clumsy and annoying.

I've been there in the past where I've managed sites using textpad32 and a separate ftp client but believe me once you get away from it you really do wonder how you managed before, and I've spent the years since moving away nagging in their forums with many others asking for just this sort of feature, but the arrogance of their developers had meant I'd given hope but will sublime come to the rescue until such a feature exists these text editors are nothing more than notepad with pretty colours ( and some useful macros ) and are not serious development environments

mind you dreamweaver does go to far and always seems to using its rendering engine even when you only ever use code view.

I can't win, lol, I know I'm not alone in my wants
loggin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby EJ12N on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm

loggin wrote:webdrive isn't practical when you have to dip in and out of as many projects as I have to, plus I've still got to use an svn client and this would just litter the site with inappropriate files.

I'm having a look at total commander but can't see a way to set it to automatically send files without any interaction, all I want to do is hit ctrl+s and then look at the results in a browser, in any other interaction is just clumsy and annoying.

I've been there in the past where I've managed sites using textpad32 and a separate ftp client but believe me once you get away from it you really do wonder how you managed before, and I've spent the years since moving away nagging in their forums with many others asking for just this sort of feature, but the arrogance of their developers had meant I'd given hope but will sublime come to the rescue until such a feature exists these text editors are nothing more than notepad with pretty colours ( and some useful macros ) and are not serious development environments

mind you dreamweaver does go to far and always seems to using its rendering engine even when you only ever use code view.

I can't win, lol, I know I'm not alone in my wants

all I want to do is hit ctrl+s and then look at the results in a browser

WinSCP does this by the way. And I believe they have some kind of monitor to keep local folders in sync with remote locations... I think WinSCP can help definetely.

EDIT:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_keep_up_to_date
Keep remote directory up to date is a unique feature of WinSCP. With it you may let WinSCP watch for changes in a local directory and have it automatically reflect the changes on the selected remote directory.
...
Once you start the function, WinSCP will register to receive notification whenever something changes in the selected local directory (and optionally in all its subdirectories). Once you make a change, for example when you save file in your favourite editor, WinSCP will receive notification about the change in the respective directory. Then it will perform synchronization of the local directory with the corresponding remote directory. Thus your change will be automatically reflected on the remote side.

WinSCP can even (optionally) delete remote files when you delete local files.

Files and directories excluded from transfer [in the settings] are ignored by the function. (so you can exclude your .svn folders)

Sounds like a win to me.
EJ12N
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby loggin on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Sadly WinSCP craps itself trying to scan all the directories on some of our larger projects :-( and really actively scanning a file system for changes can't be that efficient when all thats required is a hook when a file is saved.

It also doesn't like not being synced, which is totally inpractical as some of our clients upload thousands of files to their sites, documents, images, etc so getting all these files locally can slow down the time to start doing the actual work.

I understand some people don't want it, especially those that don't work with the web, which is fair enough, but there must some way to enable the feature as a decent plugin that can be chosen by those that do want it.
loggin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: WinSCP "Integration"

Postby EJ12N on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 pm

loggin wrote:Sadly WinSCP craps itself trying to scan all the directories on some of our larger projects :-( and really actively scanning a file system for changes can't be that efficient when all thats required is a hook when a file is saved.

It also doesn't like not being synced, which is totally inpractical as some of our clients upload thousands of files to their sites, documents, images, etc so getting all these files locally can slow down the time to start doing the actual work.

I understand some people don't want it, especially those that don't work with the web, which is fair enough, but there must some way to enable the feature as a decent plugin that can be chosen by those that do want it.


sublime support those hooks already. onPreSaveand onPostSave I guess you could hook into onPostSaveand do the upload calling winscp from command line thru a plugin.
EJ12N
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Previous

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ravenblack and 27 guests