Sublime Forum

Default Syntax Association

Hello everyone,

I’m aware that one can associate file types with syntax via the menu or via the .tmLanguage file if needed, but I have an issue trying to set the default syntax type. The issue is that the template files at my job do not have an extension so I can not associate them by type. What I would like to do is set the default syntax to always be my framework’s templating language, unless it matches another file type. I have not found a successful way to do this. Does anyone have any ideas on a good way to accommodate this? Thanks in advance for your time.

0 Likes

Have you tried DetectSyntax [1]? It was created for cases such as yours where you want to assign a syntax based on your own rules. You can install it via Package Manager if you want to give it a shot. Let me know if it falls short of your needs. I’m always open to adding reasonable functionality.

[1] github.com/phillipkoebbe/DetectSyntax

0 Likes

Well, now I’m actually having issues opening the editor. It will not even start. I’m running Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. When I click the application, it starts the process, but I never get a GUI. Running the command from then command line yields this message:

libgio version is less than 2.26, single instance support disabled

Have any ideas on why?

0 Likes

I don’t, no.

0 Likes

Ok, well thanks anyway for your help. I was able to get it working by uninstalling and install the stable as opposed to dev build, but now it keeps locking up. It’s back to jEdit for me unfortunately. I’ll continue to use sublime though for personal use. Appreciate your time though, thanks again.

0 Likes