Sublime Forum

Setting font_size in User File Preferences

I am new to Sublime, but I think that I’m following the directions correctly, but I am not able to change font_face in the User Settings. I am using Sublime Text 2 Build 2181 on a Macbook Pro. I have my User Settings (~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/User/Preferences.sublime-settings) font settings like this:

{ "font_face": "Monaco", "font_size": 14 }

but the font displayed is the default font (Menlo Regular), which is in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Default/Preferences (OSX).sublime-settings:

{ "font_face": "Menlo Regular", "font_size": 14 }

In other words, it doesn’t matter which font_face I set in my User Settings because the Default always overrides. The only thing that I am able to change from the User Settings is the font_size.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you,

Frank

0 Likes

That’s interesting. I have basically the same thing in my user preferences and it works fine.

"font_face": "Monaco",
"font_size": 15.0,

I’m on build 2196, but I’ve been using Monaco for almost as long as I’ve been using ST2 (quite a number of months).

Have you tried the usual steps of stopping/starting ST2, uninstalling/reinstalling, etc?

0 Likes

You’ve likely got a typo somewhere, either in the setting name, or in the file name that you’re saving the settings to. Check the Troubleshooting section of sublimetext.com/docs/2/settings.html

0 Likes