Sublime Forum

Error with Git and Sublime

Hey guys, first post here. Been using Sublime for about 3 months and absolutely loving it. It’s been a fantastic tool and I’ve got the Package Installer in place and I’ve installed kemayo Git through there to connect to my github repo’s. Everything was working swimmingly for several months and then all of a sudden I got a message that Git was not found in my path which it then kindly output for me to view. I checked and double-checked my settings. Running “git” from terminal shows that it is indeed available. Printing my PATH variable in terminal yields the following:

/usr/local/git/bin/git:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin/git:/usr/local/git/bin/

I edited the git.sublime_settings file. and manually set my git path to:

/usr/local/git/bin/git

And then attempted it again. This time I watched the bottom of my screen and saw that it called my git command (after entering git: pull from CMD+SHIFT+P) but then after several seconds just went away. No error, no message, nothing.

I’ve been worrying with this thing for almost a week now editing my ~/.profile, ~/.bash_profile and every other file I can find. At this point I’ve removed the path to git that I hardcoded into my settings (reset it to “false”) and still get the same delay of several seconds and then nothing.

I used CTRL+~ to watch for errors and see the following occur:

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner File "./git.py", line 109, in run OSError: [Errno 20] Not a directory

I’m at wits end and have spent hours on Google and elsewhere. Please if someone knows and can help I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!
David

0 Likes

If I edit git.py and echo my

os.environ'PATH'])

I am given this:

PATH is: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/git/bin/git

So I am thinking the problem is that my path has /usr/local/git/bin/git instead of /usr/local/git/bin ??

I’m not sure where to change my GUI PATH variable though

Thanks,
David

0 Likes