Sublime Forum

"$ subl ." opens 2 instances

Hi.

I just installed Sublime Text 2 for Ubuntu 12.04 x86 today, first from sources then from the webupd8team repository via apt-get. Both times the same thing happens. If I open sublime text from terminal passing a path as argument, 2 instances are always opened, one for the path I passed and another for the last path or file that I had opened. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

I have the same problem in Windows as well. I posted yesterday about it but haven’t had a response yet…

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/command-line-parameter-causes-two-windows-to-open/6082/1

I hope this gets resolved soon, since I can’t run the older version without getting constant popups telling me to update.

0 Likes

bump!

0 Likes

Same here… at least, I’m assuming this is a similar/related problem:

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/linux-opening-new-files-from-file-explorer/4954/1

0 Likes

It’s simple, just change the following options:

"hot_exit": false,
"remember_open_files": false,

:wink: Thank you!

0 Likes

actually it is NOT easy.
you have to switch 2 irrelevant options to make ST work as intended.
what about dedicated option to keep single instance?
what is more amazing, there is such option, actually.

now you saying you have to disable “remember open files”… as major payne said, braking a leg to a kid, “you wanna forget about this pain?..”
and by now i mean 4 years later. 4, karl.

i was thinking ST is good for some reason and discomfort will go, but no luck still. unfortunately i’ve committed heavily into migrating onto ST and i feel sorry about it already. i mean “already”. i invested so much time to set it up and now i find myself struggling simply editing text lol. very inconvenient and very inconsistent, counterintuitive.

it is half made. most of packages are also half made. ppl just making them for themselves and i can’t judge them.

the way ST handles many thing is simply antihuman. yep бич, type that goddamn closing brace for me, you are very kind, AND PLACE MY FKING CARET OUT OF IT. this behaviour is the quintessence of ST, sadly, the way it behaves with user all the time. half-made as i said. hey we have many features. so what they are half baked,

sad conclusion, there is no good text editor yet. it’s so funny. everyone of them have major flaws of some kind.

0 Likes