Sublime Forum

Ubuntu: updated, context menu no longer works

Any idea how I can fix the context menu in Ubuntu? I screwed up the last update, and after reinstalling from “scratch,” the context menu in Ubuntu 12.04 no longer hooks up to Sublime Text. Nothing happens when I select “Open with Sublime Text 2.”

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

Well, that completely destroyed all my settings, removed my licence key and eliminated all of my customizations…

…while doing absolutely nothing to resolve the problem originally stated.

Glad I backed up that settings folder first, I guess.

Anyone else have some useful advice?

0 Likes

I’m on Ubuntu 12.04 also. I use the Webupd8 PPA: webupd8.org/2012/06/sublime- … d-ppa.html

This generally does a good job of managing the integration with Ubuntu. Have you tried it? The instructions are quite straightforward.

Your description “I screwed up the last update” is a little vague. If the PPA doesn’t resolve your issue, can you provide more information?

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

FWIW there’s no “Open with Sublime Text 2” context menu that ships with Sublime Text on Linux.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]I’m on Ubuntu 12.04 also. I use the Webupd8 PPA: webupd8.org/2012/06/sublime- … d-ppa.html

This generally does a good job of managing the integration with Ubuntu. Have you tried it? The instructions are quite straightforward.[/quote]

That did it with flying colours. Thanks for the link.

Screwing up the last update constituted forgetting where I’d put the files in the first place – Sublime just gives a .zip to unpack if you direct-download it – and overinstalling the wrong old version. I’m going to stick to the PPA from now on.

0 Likes

I’m glad it worked for you. The PPA is great, although they don’t package the nightly builds (just stable and dev).

0 Likes