Sublime Forum

Bug? selecting, copy and paste with trackpad OSX

Hi there

I wanted to report a subtle annoyance which I believe to be a bit of a bug but I am happy to be disagreed with.

If i select some text in sublime and press cmd+c before letting go of the track pad (which i do a lot) then Sublime simply does not copy at all. I would expect Sublime to copy the selected area despite not having “completed” the selection process. This is how the OS behaves natively from what I can tell.

Thanks
Jake

0 Likes

Same problem here but for me the copy command works only one second after you lift the finger. Very annoying issue.

Marco

0 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one experiencing it. It is as if the OS takes a short amount of time to register you lifting your finger, probably to try and reduce accidental selections etc.

0 Likes

I’m having this same problem!

Just to clarify, the editor doesn’t seems to capture/process any key pressed for a couple of seconds after you lift the finger from the trackpad. For example, if I select a piece of text with the trackpad (but not double clicking) and I press any key immediately after I release the fingers from the trackpad, it should replace the selected text with that key, but isn’t.

So, the problem is not only with copy/paste, but with any key in general

0 Likes

Well spotted Guille, I hadn’t noticed that was happening but I can confirm that having tried it myself this also happens to me too.

0 Likes

I am having this same issue. A LOT! :smile: To help clarify, it isn’t a native OS issue (I am currently running OSX 10.7.4 and Sublime Text 2 Dev Build 2212) If you try to repeat this else where in other programs. IE Mail or textedit, you can still copy and paste when you have your finger on the trackpad. I believe this is a bug in Sublime.

0 Likes

2213 feature/fix “stop selection on key press” seems to fix this for me, I’m not sure its the perfect solution or not because i haven’t had chance to try it in normal daily use but its looking good from here

0 Likes

Even better, another fix has gone in today (2215) to stop modifier keys cancelling the drag.

0 Likes

Great! thanks! 2215 seems to have solved the issue!! :smiley:

I’m very happy again with ST!!

0 Likes

Problem resolved! :smiley:

0 Likes