Sublime Forum

Newbie here :/ Problems with Font/Theme settings

Sublime Text 2 vr 2.0 latest update.

Well a newb here that is new to sublime text editor and new to the programming field, i’d like to ask for my problem here is how do i actually make my font go bold? I’ve tried everything from “Preferences/Settings - User” adding settings like ( “font.bold”: true ), but it didn’t work for me as my settings below

{
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai Bright.tmTheme",
	"font_size": 11.0,
	"font.bold": true
	"ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
	]
}

here are the actual settings, but it gave me an error instead. Sorry for being so newb to this but would love to have someone solving this up.

As for the Soda Dark Theme settings, i’ve got soda installed from the package repo in sublime, but I also had problems installing it, I tried adding

{
        "theme": "Soda Light.sublime-theme"
    }

in “Preferences/Settings - User” it also gave me an error, I really don’t know how to sort this up.

Sorry if this annoys anyone elite/expert here, but I’m barely new to this and learning. apologies. and thanks in advance for the replies.

0 Likes

Try this:

{
   "font_options": "bold"],
   "theme": "Soda Light.sublime-theme",
   "ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
   ]
}

It may look hard while you’re starting but after some time you’ll feel very comfy with it

0 Likes

[quote=“weslly”]Try this:

{
   "font_options": "bold"],
   "theme": "Soda Light.sublime-theme",
   "ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
   ]
}

It may look hard while you’re starting but after some time you’ll feel very comfy with it[/quote]

Thanks alot man, that saved me loads of time figuring out why it didn’t work at first, but I have one more question to ask if you don’t mind sir, what does ( “ignored_packages” = vintage ) why is it disabled by default in sublime packages? are those the old settings for the previous sublime versions? :confused:

0 Likes

If you add a package to the “ignored_packages” list, it won’t be loaded by Sublime. Vintage is a package that makes Sublime act like VIM (a famous and old editor that a lot of people still use and love), it is ignored by default because not everyone knows how to use VIM.

You can read about this and a lot more at the official and the unofficial (this one is great) docs

0 Likes

[quote=“weslly”]If you add a package to the “ignored_packages” list, it won’t be loaded by Sublime. Vintage is a package that makes Sublime act like VIM (a famous and old editor that a lot of people still use and love), it is ignored by default because not everyone knows how to use VIM.

You can read about this and a lot more at the official and the unofficial (this one is great) docs[/quote]

Thank you very much for the reply weslly, and thanks for the links i’ve searched into Vintage VIM, now I know why, i’ve tried using Vi / Vim before on my Ubuntu distro before, but it was kinda complex for me to get the settings and plugins done, and also the weird keyboard shortcuts “h j k l” or i cant remember arrow keys, and you have to press esc everytime you wanna save or force quit and type those commands which is quite irritating for me, no offense to the Vim lovers out there. gosh how much I love Sublime now.

0 Likes