Sublime Forum

Inconsistent behavior on close?

Hey guys!

This is driving me nuts, and I’m not sure if I’m missing some config or what, but on MacOSX, if I close sublime with Cmd+Q, and then reopen it, it will restore the project that I had open before when opening ST2 again, but if I click the “red” closing button on the window, it won’t…

Any clues? I’d like ST to restore my last editing session no matter how I close the app (of course if it breaks badly, I don’t care that my session goes away)

Regards!

0 Likes

Clicking the red closing button doesn’t close applications on OS X, it just closes that particular window. This is how all applications work on OS X unless they’ve created code to specifically quit the application too on pressing the red closing button.

So the current behavior is exactly consistent with how it’s supposed to function on OS X.

0 Likes

Sure it’s consistent with how MacOSX works, which does not mean that is a good thing ™

Any way of adding a way of preventing the red close button on the window from actually destroying my session? Or making my session live after a window has been closed?

Regards!

0 Likes

lifehacker.com/5832057/redquits- … plications

0 Likes

You can save your session as a project and then reopen the project.

0 Likes

Yep, this is what I’m doing right now, and I’m going to give “RedQuits” a Spin. I don’t get the difference between “closing the last window” (I only work with one window + tabs) and “closing the app”. I know it’s a core MacOSX concept but still…

0 Likes