Sublime Forum

Update messed up with keyboard shortcuts

I set Go To “Next File” and “Previous File” trough the system global preferences keyboard shortcuts (on Mac) because I couldn’t find the command to set in the keyboard shortcut inside sublime text. Anyway I set Cmd + ‘+’ and Cmd + ‘è’ as the previous and next file shortcut (in global system preferences). It was working fine until the new update. Now hitting Cmd + ‘+’ just makes the font bigger. I couldn’t find a solution.

Thanks

0 Likes

My guess is that you made the change to the Default keybindings, which gets overridden when updated. To prevent this, make all your changes in the User Keybindings file.

0 Likes

As Cmd+’+’ is bound within Sublime Text, it takes precedence over any system key bindings. To rebind it, you’ll need to edit the key bindings within Sublime Text.

0 Likes

The problem is that I don’t know the name of the command. I tried a quick search of ‘super++’ in the default key bindings and I did not find anything, not even the Font/Larger command, the one actually executed.
I tried to use “goto_next_file” and it doesn’t work either. The only solution I found so far was to override “Go to/Switch File/Next File” command through the “application shortcuts” of the Mac Os system preferences.
The weird part is that it looks like that these keys are still correctly mapped (see the picture). The Cmd+è works correctly, while the Cmd+’+’ only increase my font.
Really don’t know, I wish I could downgrade, these 2 shortcuts are my lifesaver

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7626/screenshot20120705at002.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0 Likes

You can find the name of any command by entering sublime.log_commands(True) in the console, and then selecting the menu item.

Alternatively, you can take a look through the default key bindings file, which lists them.

0 Likes

Great! I found that the GoTo/Switch File/Next File is actually the ‘next_view’ command.

Solved, many thanks!

0 Likes